Monday, September 2, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa's 60th Wedding anniversary

My grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary this year.
They had a big party at Heise. It was a beautiful evening (Little bit windy, as always in Idaho) 
But it turned out great! 
My dad and his siblings all got up and took a few minutes to talk about their parents and memories they have had with their parents. Here is 6 of the 9 kids that my grandparents have.


As you can see from this picture, the food was delicious!
Especially the chocolate cake! ;)
(My cousins little cutie, Spencer)


My beautiful grandmother! Della Mallard





A toast to another 60 years grandma and grandpa!

Grandma Mallard THEN & NOW
She is the best grandma I could have asked for. 
She is such a hard worker and was a great example of that to me throughout my life.
She always had the prettiest yard and was always out raking, mowing, planting flowers and trees etc.
Grandma always gives by far the best gifts on Christmas and birthdays.
I love her so much.








Grandma and Grandpa's anniversary gift! ;)



Me and my Grandpa Mallard
Some of my best summer memories include flagging for my grandpa. 
He would get me and my cousin Carly up at 4:30 am and get us an Alberto's breakfast burrito before heading out to his airstrip. I enjoyed learning from him and listening to his stories those summers.
What grandkid gets to go on rides in her grandpa's airplane every day and even fly it with him?
Grandpa also taught me the value of hard work. He didn't just teach me to work hard, but also to play harder.
He would spoil my cousin and I with lunch and dinner everyday and let us drive his car home everyday (we were 12.....)  :) He would say "Go and do something fun with your money! Live life!
           I am so grateful Remington gets to be around my grandpa as well. He always surprises her with little                                         gifts that make her so happy! We love you Grandpa!





No comments:

Post a Comment