Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Update!

Last Saturday we made the move out to Iona! We didn't think that it would be until that Monday, but we are so happy that we are out here finally! We had so much help from friends and family. Moving all of our stuff and cleaning and organizing the house! I am so grateful for the people that helped us out!

It was a very long day! We started moving stuff at noon, and didn't get done until 10:30 pm. We pulled our mattress out onto the living room floor and slept there for our first night. Since then we have pretty much unpacked everything.

The yard has definitely been our favorite part so far! We brought a picnic table from our old house and also a fire pit. We build some boxes for our garden as well! Hopefully we'll be planting it sometime this week! Eli has mowed the lawn and we got the trees trimmed up! He has loved having a yard! He is always out there working on something. ;) Our dog, Barney has definitely enjoyed it out here! He does a really good job at staying in the yard. He could run out there for hours and hours!

We attended our new ward on Sunday, and we felt so welcomed! I had a great time. We are in Eli's sister's ward and are so excited about that!! Being close to family has definitely been great! We are able to visit them and spend more time with them. It will be especially great for when Remington gets here.

Last night, we had my mom and two of my sisters over to make smores for FHE! I have been craving smores, and they definitely hit the spot. There is just something about sitting down by the campfire. It makes me SO excited for camping this summer. Eli and I are also proud owners of a pop up camper from my parents! We got to set it up the other day. It is going to be so much fun!

I have been feeling an overwhelming feeling of gratitude lately to my Heavenly Father. We have been very blessed to be able to move out here in time for the baby and to be surrounded by our amazing family and familiar faces. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our life, and to have felt the spirit so strongly in our home as we strive to study and pray as a couple. I am so thankful to have had conference this month and to feel so rejuvenated to be better.

April 9th marked 1 year of Eli being home!! We celebrated by going to our favorite place, The Great Wall, and The Hunger Games. We had such a great time spending this time together. We can't even believe it's been one year!




(This is where it gets a little cheesy...) :)


Today marks 10 months that we have been married!
 I am so blessed to be married to my very best friend in the whole world. We have grown so close over the past ten months and everyday I can't imagine my life without Eli. We have had our ups and downs, but our trials have really made us stronger. I am thankful for his positive and uplifting attitude that helps me each day. When i'm feeling down and like an oompa loompa haha, Eli is there to tell me how beautiful that I am to him. I can't wait to see what else life has in store for us as we start our family. I am so thankful for the temple and to be able to be sealed to him forever.

We can't wait for Remington to be born! I have never been so excited for anything in my entire life. I am thankful that the Lord has entrusted us with one of his spirit daughters. I can't wait for this opportunity to become a mother and hold her in my arms. I especially can't wait to to see her in Eli's arms. :)

I went to the doctor today, and I might be induced next Wednesday! ONE WEEK! (Hopefully!)
I will get some pictures up of our new house very soon.

1 comment: