Friday, May 18, 2012

Newest Addition


Here I am the day before we went into the hospital. 
I was definitely starting to get on the very uncomfortable side! 


We got up early on Thursday, April 26th, to call EIRMC and see if they had room for me to come in that morning. Sure enough they did, and so we grabbed everything and headed to the hospital. 
We arrived at about 6:45 am and started settling in.
Around 8 o'clock, I had my IV in and they started me on the Pitocin. 
I started to have small contractions and they kept getting stronger and stronger as the day went on!


Eli was such an amazing support throughout the entire pregnancy, during labor, and now that we are home with baby Remi. I don't know if I could have done this all without him!


My family came in to see how I was doing! It was so good to have them there supporting us.
When I started feeling a lot of pain, I started saying, "I want my mom!" No matter how old you get, moms are always there to comfort us!
Hours passed, and finally I was dilated to a 5. The contractions were starting to be quite painful, and so I decided that it was time for my epidural.
It only numbed my left side at first, and so I could still feel the contractions 100% on my right side.
Not the best, and so they laid me on my right side and eventually it numbed the right side as well.
I couldn't even tell that I was having a contraction unless I looked at the screen.
My blood pressure dropped pretty low as well as the baby's heartbeat and so they had to put me on oxygen. Never in my life have I had so many cords and stuff on me while I was unable to move haha...


I was dilated at a 7 for about 4 1/2 hours...
So all we could do was wait..
and wait..
Good thing that Eli brought his lap top!
Finally Dr. Huggin's came in around 9 o'clock and said that I was finally dilated to a 9.5. Whoo!! It was about time! I didn't start pushing till almost 10 o'clock. 


I am greatful that my mother in law was also able to be there and be apart of this amazing experience!


The doctor finally came back, and it was time!!!
I pushed for about 45 minutes. It was quite exhausting to say the least.
Right before the last push, I just started bawling! Everyone was asking "oh no, what's wrong? Are you in pain?"
I just replied that I was just happy and excited to meet my baby girl.


Finally at 10:59, our beautiful little girl,Remington Jo Coon, was welcomed into the world. <3
The moment they placed her on my chest, I felt an immediate bond. I felt the overwhelming feeling that I was supposed to be a mother, and that it was my purpose in this life.


Right when they placed her on my chest, all I could say was "I love you, I love you." Over and over again.



Remington Jo Coon
Born April 26, 2012
(same day Eli and I were engaged!)
6 lbs. 14 oz.
19 1/2 inches long


Daddy holding for the first time :)




These two are my world and I love them more than anything.



It is so crazy how you can love someone so much that you just barely met.


Getting ready to go home! Yay!!

Daddy and Remi taking a nap.




One week old. Snug as a bug.

Mommy and Remington.

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."


3 comments:

  1. WOW what happened to you with your epidural was the same thing that happened to me, but mine was little more life threatening, I'm glad yours wasn't. What an adorable family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. You are a great Mommy already! I knew she was going to be beautiful because her mama is!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is amazing how intensely you love these sweet babes the second they are in our arms, huh? but equally incredible! loved this post! i did my birth post too...check it out!

    ReplyDelete