Monday, August 12, 2013

New house, brownies, & a BBQ.

About Mid April, Eli and I were talking and we decided that we would wait a couple more years to get into a home. We thought that was the right choice and didn't think anything else of it. Well, a few days later it kept weighing on our mind that we should at least start looking. We talked with Eli' dad and listened to his advice, we prayed together, and finally felt like we would call a Realtor! 
We found THE HOUSE (or so we thought) the very first day that we looked. It was beautiful, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, completely updated, one acre lot etc. We decided to put an offer on it even though it was at our maximum ammout. We found out that another couple was going to put an offer on it that night as well ( it had only been on the market for 3 days.) Sadly we lost by only $800, and needless to say, I was devastated!!! I was so sure that it was the house we were supposed to be in without a doubt! 
Anyway, our realator was fantastic and that same night already had 10 more listings for us to look to. There was one in Iona that we had actually looked at back in February (we know the family) and liked the house, but didn't really think about it until that moment. We let our Realtor know and she took us to see it the next day. Walking through one time we knew that that was really THE HOUSE and put an offer on it on April 17th! We closed on May 17th and moved in that night. I remember sitting there in our new house and feeling overwhelmingly blessed that we were able to own our own home. 
In the end, I know that it all worked out how the lord planned. It was cheaper and we saved a lot of money by not needing a down payment! It feels like our home sweet home and we are loving every minute of it!
(More pictures of the inside to come!)

Here are some silly pictures from the first few days in our home of Remi trying out the brownie batter for me. I think she loved it, what about you?




I can't get enough of this little girl!! So happy to have this beautiful new home to raise her in!
She is getting SO big and she is SO smart!
She is so good at saying cheese and you better believes, she will give you the cheesiest grin ever!




We don't live underground anymore!! I love it that she can go play outside! 
We have two sets of stairs now and she mastered them the first day we were there! ( a month after she fell down twice in one day...uh oh, no bueno!)

She is so intrigued by our front yard and loves to go and play outside. We go on tons of walks to the park and post office in her stroller! 
Barney is loving our FENCED IN YARD!! YAY!! He can run and play all day. He comes in occasionally, but prefers to be outside. He sleeps in his kennel in the garage :)

Our first BBQ in our new home. Steak, fresh asparagus, and corn on the cob.


Teaching Remi how to blow a dandelion for the first time. She catches on quick! ;)



These two right here are my LIFE! I am so blessed and so happy about how things are going in our life. I don't know what I did to deserve it, but i'll take it. ;) 


2 comments:

  1. Sav. I love this post! I think you are missing your favorite part of the last 2 months ME staying with you 2 times!!! :O) You' are going to need a post on that! :O) Love ya Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. my blog is eightcrazylives.blogspot.com add me wench!

    ReplyDelete