Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Recent Crafts...

Here are some of the crafts I have done recently and in the past. I have decided to try and up my craftiness this year especially since I got a new sewing machine for Christmas from my mom! I am especially excited to start making things for Remington.

Here is a chair revamp that I did a while ago. I found this chair at the DI for about $5.



It didn't take much to turn it into something much better looking.

I unscrewed the seat and back rest and whipped out the black spray paint.



It took a couple of coats and it was looking great.
I bought some fabric at walmart and stapled it over the old seat and back rest.
As soon as the paint was dry, I put the chair back together!



Super excited about this even though it was so simple. It was one of the first "projects" that I had taken on, and I couldn't be happier!

BEFORE&AFTER....


The next project I am posting was a very easy project as well.
I found this old ironing board at DI for $3.
It was so ugly but I had some fabric that I knew would look really good.



I took off the cover and redid it with black and white polka dots!
TA-DAH!


Next project that I am very proud of is my book page wreath! I got this idea from Katie and Sharla and couldn't wait to make one of my own!

I didn't take step by step pictures...sorry! But It is really simple. You tape a swimming noodle together to form a circle. You do one layer of pages (folded however you would like) on the back. Then flip it over and fill the rest in! It can be as full as you would like.
Here is the final product... (please excuse the way my wall is painted...it's interesting.)



I can't wait to start doing more crafts to decorate our home and for my baby girl!

2 comments:

  1. Sav why aren't you putting these on Drab to Fab blog? You are on there lady!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to post on there!! haha I need to learn how and then I totally will!

    ReplyDelete