Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Start to a good year...

This year has been pretty amazing so far. As always, I wrote down some New Year's Resolutions for myself. Things such as: Personal prayer/scripture study, write in my journal, read the Ensign each month, zumba, and craft more and more!

I would have to say that they are all going pretty good so far. My sister in law Katie sent out a great chart for reading the Book of Mormon by April. So far I am on track. It really has made such a difference in my life each day. I need to get back on track with my journal, but I will admit I am still slacking in that area!

Me and Eli also set some goals as a family.
One of those was exercise, and it has been going great. For FHE last week, we went to the YMCA and played racquetball. I am very proud to say that even though I am six months prego, I still managed to keep up with him. We had a great time!
Eli has also been going and playing basketball on Tuesdays with the Elders Quorum.
I have been to Zumba a couple of times and hope to go a little more.
Exercise really does help us feel happier and healthier!!

Another goal that we had as a family was to get into a home this year!
We started to look at houses and even went into see how much we could be qualified for.
As soon as we sat down with the bank, we both had the strongest feeling that it was not our time to buy a house.
This led us to thoughts about what Eli should do for work, school, etc.
We thought about possibly moving out of state for another job...which led to the decision that Eli should sign up for school at EITC. So today we went in and signed him up for his EMT course!
It is crazy how everything works out.
If we wouldn't have started looking for house, I don't know if we would have decided that he should sign up for school right now, THIS month.

He starts his course on January 23rd- May 4th.
It will be MWF from 6-10 pm.
This is a blessing. He will still be able to work, and he will be done with it soon after we have Remington.
Everything went so smoothly, and the timing was all perfect. I know that the Lord really does answer our prayers. When we are doing what is right, he will lead and guide us to exactly what we are supposed to do. I am so proud of Eli! I think I am more excited than he is about him starting school! ;)
I know that he will do a great job and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment