Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!

I am so excited to see what this year has in store for us. This past year has been a really great year for us. Eli finished out the last half of his mission and did an amazing job. I got a semester of college done and earned some money working various jobs. We were finally reunited after two LONG LONG years... :) We got married, got our first apartment, and found out about the newest addition to our family!

The coolest thing about New Years Eve is that it is the day we met and had our first kiss in 2005 at Blast Off. We also got engaged here! So this year we celebrated six years since we met! It is crazy that that much time has gone by since we met. Then again...so much has happened that I CAN believe it has been that long.

I have told the story many times about us meeting, but here it is again in a nutshell!
My mom basically forced me to go to Blast Off for the stake New Years Eve party with some girls from my ward. (It's not that I didn't want to go with them, but I was just used to having a party at my Grandma's every year. That year they decided to do an adult party only.)
So I ended up going and having a really good time. I met Eli and the rest of the night was history haha. We played lazer tag, mini golf, rock climbing, and arcade games. For the countdown, we all stood around with our streamers and confetti to welcome the new year. At midnight Eli kept asking for a New Years kiss, but I just smiled and shook me head. He settled for a kiss on the cheek...until we went outside...went for the lips!
I was on cloud nine for the rest of the night. We have been best friends ever since and now are happily married!



For New Years Eve this year I got to have a girls date with my friends! Me, Kylie, Sara, Jessica, and Brianne went out to Cafe Rio for lunch. It was so good to sit and visit and laugh with all of my friends. I have missed them a lot!
Later that night, me and Eli we out to Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner. It was DELISH!
Then we went and saw Footloose at the Paramount. I love our date nights and looked forward to it all day. We went home and played Mario Party on the Wii and Scrabble.
We watched the ball drop and counted down until midnight. I FINALLY got a New Years Eve Kiss from my love! )been waiting for that for a long time)

We had such a great night spending time together. I am thankful for all of the blessings we have seen in 2011 and look forward to this year ahead of us. One of our main goals for the year is to get into our own home! We also can't wait to meet our sweet baby girl and welcome her into our family.
Can't wait to see what lie ahead for us and our family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment